BreakPoint Labs Awarded GSA IT Schedule 70 Contract for Highly Adaptive Cybersecurity Services
Posted on February 22nd, 2017
Falls Church, VA – BreakPoint Labs (BPL), a Metropolitan Washington DC-based certified small business and cybersecurity services provider, is proud to announce their award of a General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule 70 contract. Included in the five (5)-year base, up to twenty (20)-year, contract are four (4) new Highly Adaptive Cybersecurity Services (HACS) Special Item Numbers (SINs), which directly support the President’s Cybersecurity National Action Plan (CNAP), the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Memorandum 16-04 – Cybersecurity Strategy and Implementation Plan (CSIP) for the Federal Civilian Government, and OMB Memorandum 17-09 – Management of Federal High Value Assets.
BreakPoint Labs is now one of the few select companies approved by GSA to provide Penetration Testing, Incident Response, Cyber Hunt, and Risk and Vulnerability Assessment services to the Federal Government, Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and Cooperative State, Local, Educational and Tribal organizations.
The HACS SINs include the following services:
- Penetration Testing (SIN: 132-45A) – security testing in which assessors mimic real-world attacks to identify methods for circumventing the security features of an application, system, or network.
- Incident Response (SIN: 132-45B) – services to help organizations impacted by a cybersecurity compromise, determine the extent of the incident, remove the adversary from their systems, and restore their networks to a more secure state.
- Cyber Hunt (SIN: 132-45C) – helps organizations in responding to crisis or urgent situations within their domain to mitigate immediate and potential threats. Cyber Hunt activities begin with the premise that threat actors known to target some organizations in a specific industry, or specific systems, are likely also to target other organizations in the same industry or with the same systems.
- Risk and Vulnerability Assessment (RVA) (SIN: 132-45D) – a comprehensive set of services to include the conducting of assessments of threats and vulnerabilities, determining deviations from acceptable configurations, enterprise or local policy, assessing the levels of risk, and developing and/or recommending appropriate mitigation countermeasures in operational and non-operational situations. This RVA offers services that include:
- Network Mapping
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Web Application Assessment
- Operating System Security Assessment
- Phishing Assessment
- Wireless Assessment
- Database Assessment
- Penetration Assessment
“The award represents the quality of cybersecurity services being delivered to valued clients today, and BreakPoint Labs’ technical proficiency to protect and defend future clients from sophisticated threats in the cyber domain,” said Thomas George, BreakPoint Labs’ CEO.
About BreakPoint Labs:
BreakPoint Labs, a small business cybersecurity services firm, is dedicated to providing the methods and means for sustainable, measurable, and effective cybersecurity operations. Powered by highly motivated, experienced cybersecurity professionals with technical and scientific proficiency, BreakPoint Labs is developing and leveraging technology to enable a more secure cyberspace. With well-formed service delivery models in cybersecurity assessments, defensive cyber operations, research and development, and cybersecurity training, BreakPoint Labs supports a diverse customer base in addressing its most challenging problems in the cyber domain.
Learn more at: https://www.breakpoint-labs.com.
BreakPoint Labs Contracts