Why Work for BreakPoint Labs?
BreakPoint Labs is growing quickly and constantly seeking enthusiastic cybersecurity professionals to solve its clients’ most technical challenges. Through an established corporate culture, BreakPoint Labs embraces a highly technical, ‘geeky’ workforce passionate about developing and leveraging technology to secure cyberspace.
If you are interested in joining the BreakPoint Labs Team, please submit a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security Operations Developer
< BreakPoint Labs has an opening for a Security Operations Developer, the individual will provide development support to a large-scale 24x7 cybersecurity service provider (CSSP) organization. The operating environment consists of a computationally rich environment that leverages a continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) model running on Red Hat Enterprise License 7 (RHEL7) systems. The individual will be part of a team responsible for the development, management, and maintenance of cybersecurity-related applications. The individual will be assist in data integration, normaliziation, analytics, and visualization./>
- Design, develop, and/or implement applications to query, ingest, and store a high volume of data in an accessible format that can be used in a variety of applications.
- Aid in the technical descriptions of data collected and construct well-formed API's to promote data re-use.
- Troubleshoot and fix hardware/software problems on local and remote systems.
- Maintain source code within a Git-based application and manage the deployment of services using Docker.
- On an as-needed basis, provide off-hour support and response in emergency situations
- Expertise in Linux-based operating systems (RedHat).
- Proficient in Python, Go, and/or Rust programming languages and use of Linux containers (Docker).
- Expertise in the use of application program interfaces (APIs) that return well-formatted data streams.
- Experience with Git and modern software development practices.
- Experience with system monitoring and troubleshooting.
- The ability to multi-task and work independently on a project.
- Ability to communicate complex technical and programmatic information, often in the form of verbal and visual operational updates, situational awareness reports, and briefings.
- Familiarity with DoD/ cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Experience with cybersecurity scanning and endpoint technology.
- Experience interpreting, applying and advising others on DOD IA/CND policies, guidance and regulations (8530, 6510, 8570, etc.).
- Experience documenting technical standards and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years relevant application development experience in cybersecurity-related tools.
- Must be DoD 8570 compliant IAT Level II.
- Up to 5%.
- Must possess an active DoD Secret Clearance.
Cybersecurity Technical Validator
<BreakPoint Labs is seeking Cybersecurity Technical Validators to perform on-site risk assessments of DoD applications, networks, systems, architectures, and infrastructure, using standards such as DoD Directive 8510.01, DoD Instruction 8500.01, and NIST Publications. The Cybersecurity Analysts will work as a member of a cohesive Team providing technical support to protect the DoD’s networks and information systems./>
- Serve as a Assessment and Authorization (A&A) validator with proficiency in DoDI 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD IT, and affiliated NIST security controls.
- Conduct comprehensive RMF assessments, including preparation, execution, and concluding documentation, using Security Control Assessor (SCA)-approved processes.
- Apply knowledge of system administration functions on various operating systems
- Utilize DoD cybersecurity vulnerability scanning and security testing tools, and perform analysis of the results of these tools (i.e., Nessus, SCAP, STIG Checker, etc.)
- Demonstrate technical experience in identifying vulnerabilities or misconfigurations across a wide variety of technologies.
- Communicate technical information, often in the form of verbal and visual updates, technical reports, and briefings. Writing/documentation, presentation, and public speaking skills are required.
- Accurately and efficiently record applicable information in the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) suite of modules, to include Asset Manager, in accordance with approved procedures and guidance.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%, both in the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS).
- Employ organizational and interpersonal skills to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Two (2) years of professional experience directly related to Information Technology Security, Network Systems Technology, or equivalent.
- Functional knowledge of DoDI 8510.01, CNSSI 1253, NIST 800-53 rev4.
- Hands-on experience utilizing DoD-approved scanning/testing tools (Nessus, STIG Checker, SCAP, etc.) and performing analysis of output.
- Experience using Electronic Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) is preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems or similar.
- Certification(s) commensurate with DoDI 8510.01 (DoDM 8570.01-M) IAT Level-III (i.e. CISA, GCIH, CISSP, CASP).
- Up to 50% travel is required.
- U.S. Passport required.
- A current DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to pass / adjudicate at the Top Secret investigation level.