Why Work for BreakPoint Labs?
BreakPoint Labs is growing quickly and constantly seeking enthusiastic cybersecurity professionals to solve its clients’ most technical challenges. Through an established corporate culture, BreakPoint Labs embraces a highly technical, ‘geeky’ workforce passionate about developing and leveraging technology to secure cyberspace.
If you are interested in joining the BreakPoint Labs Team, please submit a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
Security Operations Developer
< BreakPoint Labs has an opening for a Security Operations Developer, the individual will provide development support to a large-scale 24x7 cybersecurity service provider (CSSP) organization. The operating environment consists of a computationally rich environment that leverages a continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) model running on Red Hat Enterprise License 7 (RHEL7) systems. The individual will be part of a team responsible for the development, management, and maintenance of cybersecurity-related applications. The individual will be assist in data integration, normaliziation, analytics, and visualization./>
- Design, develop, and/or implement applications to query, ingest, and store a high volume of data in an accessible format that can be used in a variety of applications.
- Aid in the technical descriptions of data collected and construct well-formed API's to promote data re-use.
- Troubleshoot and fix hardware/software problems on local and remote systems.
- Maintain source code within a Git-based application and manage the deployment of services using Docker.
- On an as-needed basis, provide off-hour support and response in emergency situations
- Expertise in Linux-based operating systems (RedHat).
- Proficient in Python, Go, and/or Rust programming languages and use of Linux containers (Docker).
- Expertise in the use of application program interfaces (APIs) that return well-formatted data streams.
- Experience with Git and modern software development practices.
- Experience with system monitoring and troubleshooting.
- The ability to multi-task and work independently on a project.
- Ability to communicate complex technical and programmatic information, often in the form of verbal and visual operational updates, situational awareness reports, and briefings.
- Familiarity with DoD/ cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Experience with cybersecurity scanning and endpoint technology.
- Experience interpreting, applying and advising others on DOD IA/CND policies, guidance and regulations (8530, 6510, 8570, etc.).
- Experience documenting technical standards and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years relevant application development experience in cybersecurity-related tools.
- Must be DoD 8570 compliant IAT Level II.
- Up to 5%.
- Must possess an active DoD Secret Clearance.
Cybersecurity Analyst (WPAFB, OH)
<BreakPoint Labs is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst to support full-spectrum cybersecurity services, including intrusion detection, incident response, and more, across a large-scale, enterprise network. The Cybersecurity Analyst will work as a member of a Team providing technical support to protect and defend customer networks.>
- Conduct intrusion detection functions, monitor cybersecurity tools and identify malicious or anomalous activity on customer networks
- Execute technical incident response processes and procedures, including coordination with and report to the Advance Security Operations Center.
- Notify affected customers of cyber incidents and collect assessments of mission impact for the loss of the system during the incident response process.
- Operate and maintain network-based vulnerability management systems to enumerate, categories and report vulnerabilities and misconfigurations on customer information systems.
- Develop and maintain the necessary technical user documentation and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provide extended coverage of cybersecurity services, to include after hours support, on an as needed basis.
- Familiarity with networking concepts.
- Familiarity with DoD and Army policies and procedures.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or a similar area of study.
- Certification(s) commensurate with DoDI 8510.01 (DoDM 8570.01-M) IAT Level-II (i.e. CEH, Security +).
- Less than 5%.
- DoD Secret Clearance, and be clearable up to the Top Secret level.